Sunday, November 24, 2013

Frustrating Satisfactions

So I looked up some statistics on the population's biggest pet peeves and I thought I would add my own commentary. Satisfaction

1) "Drivers who don't use their turn signal"
It's true, who likes these people? Not me. My sister always tells Chris that he falls in the late turn signal category, and she suggests it might be because he is from Michigan. When we traveled to Michigan not too long ago, he noticed that some of the other driver's use the late signal as well. But he attributes his turn signal delay to the fact that he gets annoyed by the sound of the clicking if the turn signal is on too long. One pet peeve right into the next I guess.

2) "Couples who sit on the same side of the booth when there is no one on the other side."
Jealous much? I think this is cute, but it's also a stage. Once Christopher slid in next to me on the same side of the booth as me and it was an element of surprise. But when I think back to that time, we were still in the beginning phase of our relationship. Now we would rather look at each other and hold a conversation than hold hands under the table.

3) "People who don't use coasters"
I admit that I have done this before and my mother was not too happy with the result. It was Thanksgiving and I warmed myself up a nice mug of cider, when I lifted my cup off the polished wood, everyone gasped. It has been a few years and a good amount of lemon oil has faded the distinct ring that my cup once left. One of the essential items that Chris and I first found for our apartment was a slick set of coasters. And I will say that now, if I absentmindedly rest my glass on the coffee table, I receive an abrupt "ahhemm."

4) "Made up car names that are not even real words"
But seriously, who comes up with those names? Because that would be an awesome job.

5) "People that interrupt you when your telling a story and then they continue to tell you their story and then ask you in an uninterested tone to continue on with your story when they are finished talking."
I totally do this all the time. It's not our fault that we will easily forget the awesome story that just popped into our head so we have to blurt it out. This is one of Chris' pet peeves. He will threaten to not tell his story, and then he remembers that he loves me. 

6)"Driver's who won't turn right on red"
In some cases yes, but in others, I am guilty. If it's a tough turn, or you can't see the traffic that has the right of way, or even if you are just in the groove of the tune on the radio. I know that not everyone is on a relaxed schedule, but on the days that I am, sometimes I don't turn on red. Which leads me to another one- "People who honk at you if you don't turn right on red." Lay off!

7) "When ice cream drips out of the bottom of the sugar cone"
This my friends, is how brain freezes were invented. Everyone is trying to eat their ice cream so fast because they are afraid of the inevitable: the meltdown. 

8) "When people don't send thank you notes"
Ok, I want to know the etiquette on this one, because my pet peeve, is not knowing whether someone received your thank you note. And are you supposed to send a thank you for the thank you? For instance, I received a thank you gift, do I return with a thank you card? Or is that just redundant. I am thankful, but who knows how many stamps could be wasted on thank you thank you and thank you. 

9) "When you bite into a jelly bean and it's a different flavor than you expected."
#hogwartsproblems

10) "People who ask questions during a movie"
Guilty and guilty. I always seem to ask the question right before it gets answered. It makes Chris steam. I can't help it I think out loud. But recently we were in the theater watching a movie and we found ourselves asking each other questions. I felt awkward when I remembered that there were two hundred other people in the theater who probably did not want to hear my whispering ignorance. 

11) "Children's hand prints on the windows of cars"
I noticed this yesterday at a stoplight. I guess it probably is annoying to have to keep wiping cheesy fingerprints off the back window, but what are you going to do. I was thinking maybe I will be the cool mom who gives my kids window markers so that they can draw all over the windows instead of printing their hands.

12) "People who put too much ice in your drink"
I know water costs less than what ever I ordered, but honestly. Chris has beat the system by asking for no ice. But then what if it isn't cold? Did you know that your body can better process what ever you are drinking if it is room temperature. Food for thought. 

What erks you? What are you guilty of? If everyone had the same bothers this world would be boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment