Thursday, December 5, 2013

Character Development



My father has had a big impact on who I am and is most probably the reason I have continued to stay as stubborn as I am. Growing up with a father who was considerably older than me was both a blessing and a challenge. I got to grow up with cool music and stories that others didn't. I learned manners because I was raised by a man who was alive in the time they were valued, and I believe they still should be. I grew up in the generation ahead of my own which helped me mature a lot faster than many others around me which was frustrating but helped me in the long run (not that I have been running that long). He also taught me most of the skills that I know. But the number one thing that my father always told me was  "never forget who you are." I feel as though I have written this so many times before. At the time, this saying did not make sense to me, how could I forget myself? But really it's quite easy to forget. And luckily I am reminded every day that I cannot forget. Not only by my father but by..

Christopher has helped me embrace who I am. There are so many negative influences out there in the world today. So many advertisements that make you hate your image and so many people who are trying to make you who they want you to be. But Chris loves me for who I am without all of the bells and whistles. And that helps me build and keep my confidence. He encourages me to pursue my dreams and be real. I am very appreciative of that. I wouldn't be who I am without the confidence that he instills in me. As I have already expressed in past blog posts I also owe where I am in life to Chris. I don't think that I would be able to face this world alone. And I wouldn't have been prepared to face the world at all without...

My mom has always had faith in me. She never once doubted that I knew what I was doing, even when I didn't. She has always pushed me to be a better person and to reach for the stars. She does it all and is happy as a clam (most days). When I grow up I want to be like her. And that's the track that I am on and why I am the woman I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment